NYC recycling regulations depend on the type of collection service you receive for your trash:
If your trash is collected by the NYC Department of Sanitation, see What to Recycle with Sanitatio.
If your trash is collected by a private carter, see Recycling in Business.
Private residences, nonprofit institutions, and professional offices in residential buildings can request NYC Department of Sanitation collection.
Learn more about:
- recycling at home
- recycling at school (pre-K to 12)
- recycling at agencies & institutions
- recycling at businesses
- recycling at street events
- recycling in public spaces
- electronics recycling
- apartment building recycling initiative
- recycling laws and directives
- recycling used clothing/textiles
- how to donate stuff to local not for profits
- where to sell stuff that’s still in good shape
- where to buy second hand goods
- where to rent stuff you’ll only use once
- where to repair stuff
- frequently asked questions
For more information please visit The NYC Department of Sanitation’s Website.