Despite the large number of resources available online covering environmental issues in New York, none bring together regional headlines and national stories of state importance all in one place.
Eco Anchor NYC developed to fill that void for New York City’s green community. Our goal is to become Gotham’s most comprehensive news aggregator of environmental news, green events, programs, and sustainable living resources in the city.
We are dedicated to empowering New Yorkers to bring about positive change in their communities by:
- spreading awareness and understanding of climate change issues
- helping people better navigate environmental news available on the internet and reporting important stories that often get missed
- providing information on events and programs in the NYC that make a difference and contribute to sustainable solutions
Eco Anchor NYC’s primary feature is a daily aggregation of the latest regional environmental news powered by RebelMouse on our homepage. Content is curated and comes from many different sources such as online newspapers, magazines, blogs, government agencies and nonprofit organizations based in New York.
Additional news posts are organized topically and divided into four main categories:
- Announcements: press releases from regional government agencies and nonprofit environmental organizations
- Calls to Action: local, state and national petitions / information on rallies, protests, and marches
- Funding Opportunities: news and resources on green funding opportunities available to individuals, businesses, community organizations and local governments
- Contests: information on local, state and national environmental competitions
- Programs: information on local and state environmental public programs and educational classes
Want to contribute to Eco Anchor NYC’s content? Email email@example.com and put “Blog Submission” in the subject line. Guest posters will be notified via email if and when their content will be published.
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it is useful, relevant and well-written, it is likely to be published
- Content will only be accepted for our homepage or blog categories
- All sources, and quotes must be attributed and proper credit given
- Please limit your posts to 400-750 words
- You accept that your submission may be edited for grammar and spelling
- Make sure any links are relevant and valid, do not use keyword links/affiliate links
- Do NOT include product reviews or self promotion
- You understand that you are voluntarily submitting a guest post and you will not receive financial compensation
Promote Your Green Event On Our Calendar
Our event calendar is the most heavily visited section of our site. Let us help you promote your green event to our readers. The calendar is easy to use and set up whereby anyone can contribute to the development of our listings for free. Submissions must be related to green themed events in and around the greater New York City area.
If you would like to post events on our calendar please click HERE.
Eco Anchor NYC is run by unpaid volunteers and is not a day job for anyone involved. If you would like to volunteer we’d love the help. Project based volunteer/intern opportunities are available in the following areas: Marketing, Business Development, Outreach, Research, Graphic Design and Social Media Management. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put volunteer opportunities in the subject line for more detailed information on project descriptions and duties.
Thanks for checking out our site. We hope you find it useful.