Merrell is pleased to announce they are working with Outdoor Nation to launch The Pack Project Grants Program – to increase participation in active outdoor recreation. Merrell believes in encouraging everyone to get outside, be active and have fun. The Brand’s mission is to increase participation in the outdoors through causes like Outdoor Nation. In summer 2012, Merrell will be awarding $12,500 to a minimum of 5 projects through their ambassador program called The Pack. In fall 2012, there will be a second cycle of the grant awarding an additional $12,500 to a minimum of 5 projects. Grants will be awarded to the most innovative, impactful and sustainable projects focusing on increasing outdoor recreation in communities across the country. Applications are being accepted from individuals between the ages of 18 and 28 and 501c3 non-profits.
Deadline:Proposals must be submitted by August 17, 2012.
|Merrell recognizes that sometimes the smallest awards can make the largest differences. The Pack Project Grants Program will award grants up to $2,500 that are designed to give young individuals and charitable organizations the resources and funding needed to bring their innovation and active ideas to life.
This funding opportunity supports pioneering projects and initiatives that result in increased active outdoor participation. Active outdoor recreation includes but is not limited to hiking, biking, paddling, running and general play.
- Projects must increase participation in outdoor recreation.
- Projects should be innovative and creative.
- Projects should have clear goals and measurable objectives.
- Projects should use outdoor recreation as a way to educate participants and provide them with the skills that they’ll enjoy for a lifetime.
- Projects should leverage social media technology and Merrell online platforms, as appropriate.
- Projects that engage urban or underserved communities will also be given special consideration.
- Projects should be able to demonstrate outcomes within six-nine months.
- Projects leads should be able to provide monthly updates on the progress of their project.
- Project outcomes must include a minimum of 5 high-resolution photos and a 3-minute video highlighting project scope.
- Projects must use grant funding for on-the-ground program needs rather than operating or salary costs.
|Individuals and/or non-profit organizations can be awarded up to $2,500 for submissions that meet the stated requirements. The top 5 ideas will be awarded funding along with technical support and guidance from The Outdoor Foundation. There will be a second cycle of this grant program in the fall awarding an additional 5 projects.
|Selection and Notification Process
|Criteria for The Pack Project Grants have been established by Merrell and The Outdoor Foundation. Based on a rigorous review and selection process, Merrell and The Outdoor Foundation will announce the grant recipients on September 12, 2012.
|August 17, 2012 – Deadline for online proposal submissions
September 12, 2012 – Announce award recipients
February 15, 2013 – Complete project and submit online final report
Learn more HERE.