Green spaces can be used for so much – think outside of the flower box! Each season, the New York Restoration Project offers free art, exercise and entertainment series in our community gardens, and you can too!
Our gardens are available for public events, including community celebrations, educational workshops, public programs and much more. There is no cost to use the space, but gardens must remain open and accessible to the public at all time.
Interested in hosting your next public event in an NYRP garden? Submit an event form or contact our Community Engagement Department at 212-333-2552.
NOTE: This form is only to reserve space in one of our 52 community gardens. To reserve space located in one of the public parks we maintain in Northern Manhattan (including the Riley Levin Children’s Garden, Swindler Cove Park and others) you will need to obtain a permit from the NYC Dept. of Parks and Recreation.
Garden Event Policies:
- Only one event may be held in the garden at any time
- The garden must remain open to the public during all events
- Private events are not permitted in NYRP gardens
- Event hosts are responsible for acquiring sound or other applicable permits – NYRP may help determine what is necessary
- Smoking, drugs, and/or alcohol are not allowed in the gardens at anytime
- Event hosts are responsible for leaving the garden clean
- All events must end by 8pm – the garden should be closed and the gate should be locked no later than 9pm.
Learn more about New York Restoration Project and NYC Public Gardens HERE.