Let’s Take The Devocalization Ban To The Finish Line!
We Can Do It But Only With Your Help!
Your Continued Calls To The NY State Senate
Are Urgently Needed
Lady was given up after being devocalized. Meet her adopter here.
Video link: http://youtu.be/Gw4t-6rzDdo
Thanks to your calls, the New York State Assembly passed A3431D, banning devocalization of dogs and cats, by a whopping 138-4 on June 13. But we can’t celebrate yet! Lobbies that profit from this cruel convenience surgery have mobilized to kill Senate bill S6167C.
That’s because the Assembly AND Senate bills BOTH must pass to put a devocalization ban on the books.
If S6167C doesn’t pass by June 21, the proposed law will die.
If it passes but is amended, it will allow and legitimize instead of prohibiting devocalization, an outrageous act of animal cruelty.
Dogs and cats don’t need devocalization. They don’t want their vocal cords cut – or to choke to death, struggle to breathe, cough and gag relentlessly. Those are common consequences of devocalization even when performed by experienced vets.
What helpless animals need is an enforceable law to protect them.
MAKE THESE 3 CALLS EVERY BUSINESS DAY
THROUGH JUNE 21…
OR UNTIL S6167C PASSES AS WRITTEN.
Legislators have hundreds of bills to consider over the next week. We must keep S6167C front and center, or it may not even get a vote.
1) Call the office of Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos at 518-455-3171 or 516-766-8383, and say: “I’d like the Senator to ensure S6167C becomes law this session, as written, without further amendments. This is important humane legislation. Many people are counting on his help.” (If you’re his constituent, be sure to say so.)
2) Call the office of Sen. Lee Zeldin, the sponsor of S6167C, at 518-455-3570, and say: “I ask that the Senator actively work to ensure his bill, S6167C, passes this session without further amendments. It can’t become law without his support!” (If you’re his constituent, be sure to say so.)
3) Call the office of your New York State Senator (Albany, not DC), and say: “I’m a constituent, and I’d like the Senator to ensure S6167C becomes law this session without further amendments. Please pass this humane bill now…as written.
Don’t know your Senator’s name or contact info? To find out, just enter your address here: http://www.nysenate.gov/.
Keep the Calls Coming Through June 21
Or Until the Devocalization Ban is Law!
- Please make these calls (during normal business hours), even if you’ve called before.
- Always keep your message polite and to the point. Please use the suggested wording to ensure your message is clear.
- When calling to follow up, ask the bill’s status, then repeat your original message.
For more information contact Barbara@idausa.org
Learn more at www.nyagainstdevocalization.